Construction and Allied Trades

Construction and Allied Trades Insurance

Building contractors and their allied tradesmen need to have adequate cover if a claim for compensation is made against them.

There are three main types of insurance required, namely:

Public Liability

This covers you for claims made against you by a third party for injury, death or property damage.

Products Liability

This covers you for claims made by a customer for injury or death resulting from a product or part that was supplied by you.

Employers Liability

This covers you if an employee has an accident or is injured at work and decides to make a claim against you. It may also be possible to include subcontractors in this type of cover.